Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Few thingz

From: Joe Turner <cutter%umass-boston.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Sun, 25 May 86 02:09:04 edt
Subject: Few thingz

Anyone ever heard of "The Naughty Sweeties"? Can anyone tell me anything about
them?

Also - flipping through my old albums, I noticed a particularly worn
disc.  I realised it was one of my old standards from my young days as
a tot - an obscure band from (of all places) Israel, with the very
unlikely name of "Poogy". It's early 70s rock, with a tip-o'-the-hat
to The Allman Bros. and "Abbey Road"-style Beatles. If you find any of
their records (on the Hed-Arzi label) for $2 and can handle Hebrew
lyrics, check 'em out. They're pretty catchy, quite competant, and
rather overlooked. (I know this might be better for net.music, but
we're just getting netnews here at UMB and are very limited in who we
can send/receive to/from)

ALSO - If you can find the Peter Gabriel bootleg "Games Without Words", do
so. There is a song called "Instrumental #2" on there that sounds SURPRISINGLY
like "We Do What We're Told" from _So_. And it's much better, too. (So much
for "new" PG music these days... that song is 6 YEARS OLD!)

Mega-review of SO to come, once I stop bouncing off the walls about it.

					"I hear that voice again"
						Joe

PAPER: Joe Turner, 329 Ward Street, Newton Centre MA 02159
SOUND WAVES: (617)/965-8058	<* NOTE NEW NUMBER *>
CSNET: cutter@umass-boston.csnet
ARPA : umb!cutter@csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP : {decvax,ima,linus,sri-unix}!cca!ringwld!cutter