Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Neato keeno bands and records!!

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Wed, 14 May 86 15:23:35 EDT
Subject: Neato keeno bands and records!!

1. What, Mr. Hoffman, is "Sarcastic Orgasm"?  Have you heard of the
Dayglow Abortions?  We got a record by them at WJHU.  I swear, it
takes a lot to disgust me, but the cover of this album did it.  It
depicts a cartoon Nancy and Ronald Reagan sitting down for a hearty
meal of foetus with vegetable sauce...urp.  Noway was I going to put
that sucker on the turntable.

2. The Smifs should have a record out by the end of June.  The title
has something to do with the Queen.  I used to think they were God,
but that was just a passing craze.  I'll still be interested in '
hearing the new record, though.

3. BANDY INVADES LOVE-HOUNDS!!!!!  "Mr. Beals, love-hounds is for the
posting of Kate Bush related news and reviews, not whatever happened
to strike your fancy today."  Actually, if Doug sent a nastygram to
everybody who posted non-Bush related things, he'd be one busy man.
(Pardon to those of you who don't read net.rumor and have no idea
what I'm talking about)

4. I would like to pause and recommend a record to all love-hounders,
especially those who are into Suzanne Vega.  The artiste is ANNA
DOMINO.  Her voice and lyrics remind me of Suzanne, even though
there is no guitar on her self-titled LP, just out as an import on
Crepuscule.  The music...well, Sade comes close only infinitely
cooler than that.  It's a little jazzy.  A fine, fine record.

-Sue