Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Siouxsie, etc.

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Tue, 13 May 86 14:39:09 EDT
Subject: Siouxsie, etc.

Well, I saw Siouxsie and the Banshees for the first time last
night.  They played the Warner Theatre in DC to kick off their
two-month US tour, promoting their new LP "Tinderbox."

I had great seats, thanks to the friendly folks at Warner Bros.
Records (we rockcrits get so many freebies it almost makes up for
the abuse), so I didn't have to do battle with the Siouxsie-clones
by the stage.  I also had a good view of Siouxsie's bald spot
(that's what you get for teasing your hair that way for 10
years, I guess...)

Ah yes, the music!  They did all the songs from "Tinderbox," and
lots of oldies, like "Israel," "Spellbound," "Nightshift,"
"Christine," and "Bring Me The Head of the Preacher Man."  The
playing was first-rate, Siouxsie has an amazing stage presence
and voice, and there was plenty of neat lighting.  Go see
Sioux if she passes through your neighborhood.

Travesty -- At Tower Records yesterday, all their monitors were
showing the video of "Wuthering Heights," but the sound-system
was blasting the Long Ryders!!!  Phooey!

I thought I would add a bit of personal KB-history.  Right after
"Never For Ever" came out, my best friend at the time heard a bit
of Kate and rushed out and bought all three albums.  Hoping to
convert me, he bought them for me too.  Needless to say, I was
converted.  We anxiously awaited the release of "The Dreaming,"
and we both loved it right away.  I think I may have a review of
it somewhere that I wrote when it came out.  That would be funny,
I'm sure.

-Sue