Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT ramblings

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Date: Fri, 02 May 86 14:01 PDT
Subject: KT ramblings

I have "The Big Sky" Meteorological Mix in front of me -- haven't
listened to it yet, but my whole week has just been made. This record
feels to me like the cornerstone of the album -- eight months after
the release of "RUTH", we have finally got the last track in its
entirety. This whole Kate Bush 12" business is a great new aspect to
her music, I think, since she doesn't just leave the re-mix to some
Jellybean or other, but ammends and enriches the original herself, or
with Del. The only thing like it before Hounds of Love was
"Dreamtime", and of course that bit of video-tape of Kate rehearsing
to an instrumental of "Sat In Your Lap".

By the way, I've found four earlier recordings of "My Lagan Love" and
two of "The Handsome Cabin Boy", of which one of the latter includes
two verses not used in Kate's recording. Have you been doing any such
collecting?

Incidentally, Homeground #22, being a glossy production now, has been
picked up by the inter-continental magazine distributors here, and a
pile of them showed up in the import stores.