Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cage

From: David Oskard <dno@cvl.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 86 17:06:41 EDT
Subject: Cage

	Actually I think Cage's idea was to perform silence live, so that
the audience is actually the musical composition--every cough and fart is
a part of it.  I can imagine after a while that people would start to
discuss how absurd it was, and how much money they paid etc., and that
would be a nice crescendo.  All Cage would have to do to bring on a crowd
reaction then would be to make some director-like motion --> a decrescendo?

Amusing eh?		dno