Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

From: FULIGIN%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 86 15:22:20 EST
Subject: IN REPLY TO JOE TURNER

     (RE : "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel)
>...It sounds like a mixture
>of David Bowie's "Fashion" crossed with Ian Dury & the Blockheads' "Sex 'n
>Drugs 'n Rock & Roll" mixed with "Sussudio".

     Really?  It sounds far more like Steve Windwood to me (yes, I DO like it).

>I picked up the Shriekback "Fish Below the Ice" double-pak. I was told this
>had the "Plankton Enriched Mix" on it. It doesn't. Are there TWO "Special
>Limited Edition Gatefold" FBtI records out there or something?

     Did you get the 12" double pack, or the 7"?  The 12" double-pack has the
remix on it...

                     Life is a minestrone, served up with parmesan cheese,
                                          -Peter Lee
Fuligin%Umass.BitNet@WISCVM.ARPA
(413) 549-6332     (Amherst, MA)

---

     "...And the only girl I ever loved
      Was impaled by an icicle of frozen piss,
      Flushed from the toilet of a passing plane,
      And that was one of my better days!"
                              -Gee Mr. Tracy..., "Mr. Unlucky"