Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Residents on CD

From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 86 13:05 MST
Subject: The Residents on CD

I bought the two Residents CDs, "Heaven?" and "Hell!" (Rykodisc RCD
20012 and 20013), yesterday, they are compilation albums and well worth
the price.  "Heaven?" is 24 tracks, 64:19 of music.  "Hell!" is 20
tracks, 63:09 of music.  Here's what you get:  "Heaven?":  H.E.L.L.
No!, The Importance of Evergreen (excerpt), It's a Man's Man's Man's
World, Japanese Watercolor, I Got Rhythm, Ups & Downs, Serenade for
Missy, Easter Woman, Amber, The Census Taker, The Moles are Coming,
Resolution?, Happy Home, Crashing, Red Rider, Floyd, Mahogany Wood, Kula
Bocca Says So, Love Leaks Out, Simple Song, New Hymn, Whatever Happened
to Vileness Fats, Festival of Death (excerpt), and Twinkle.  "Hell!":
The Ultimate Disaster (excerpt), Lights Out, Where is She?, The Coming
of the Crow, Lizard Lady, Shut up!  Shut up!, Shorty's Lament, Kamakazi
Lady, Secret Seed, Sorry, Smelly Tongues, Monkey & Bunny, Farmers,
Sinister Exaggerator, Hello Skinny, Die in Terror, Loss of Innocence,
The Sleeper, Satisfaction, Final Confrontation (excerpt).

I don't own enough Residents albums to know if all their albums are
pretty well represented here, but the ones I do own are (The Commercial
Album and George and James).

 Jim (Lippard at MULTICS.MIT.EDU)