Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WFNX

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 18 Apr 86 15:04:00 PST
Subject: WFNX

FNX has always been paradox for me.  When living in Maine (last 2 years) and
now in Connecticut, I had/have reason to travel to Boston frequently.  From
the north, I would get good reception of FNX right at about the New Hamp.
border, with reception peaking at about the intersection of 95 and 128.  BCN
on the other hand, is clear from just south of Portland and peaks at
about Biddeford.  From the south, BCN can be received as far as south
Providence, whereas FNX gets lost while still in MA.  Now, the question
why am I never able to maintain contact with FNX in downtown Boston (even
after tweaking the tuning oe playing with the local-distant control), while
BCN is clear except where you would expect building interference (i.e., near
the Convention Center.)?  Does anybody know where FNX transmitting antenna is,
and why the station is fine on 128 but horrible downtown?

John

------