Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shop Assistants

From: LoveCat%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Ask me about INTRO distribution list)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 86 00:47:54 EST
Subject: Shop Assistants

Recently bought the Shop Assistants' single called "Safety Net"...
tho' I think it is good, it does not deserve the hype that the
English music newspapers has given them...comparing them to Jesus
and the Mary Chain minus the feedback.  The group consists of all
females with the exception of the guitarist.  It sounds all too
same tho', plus the singer does has a weak voice.

I guess it is acceptable, but definately not a "must buy" single.
Oh well...  Nothing really new...

Maybe because the reviewers heard the words "trip you up" and
immediately thougt of JaMC...blah!

*

The Sisterhood single "Giving Ground" (yes I know it's not THAT
recent) is quite good, even though the singer attepts to sound like
(wot's his name) the singer of the previous group - Sisters of Mercy.
THey have kept the Sisters Of Mercy sound - great bass, and the same
guitar playing.  The vocals aren't the same, but it's still the
same quality music. *note: they are now known as The Mission

Oh well...if only I had more funds...
LoveCat%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Fidelis Orozco
(413) 546-6500