Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

picking 2000 or something like that.  This decides the top 20, which they play
at 6:00.  It would be nice if the participants could somehow spread the calls
over time, since it is not known how many of those 2000 random calls fall into
the 1 hour time period, but you never know...

Someone mentioned Genesis' Seconds Out CD.  I havn't listened to it for a
while but remember that it did sound pretty good, although I can't remember
the hiss level if there was any.  Definitely better than the record... I
remember a few parts of it blew me away, but I was drinking a beer, and using
my computer at the time, so who knows what kind of bias that might induce :-)

I really liked Depeche Mode's first album (Speak and Spell?) and their second
one wasn't too bad, but after one of their members (can't remember the name)
left to form half of Yazoo, DM's stuff began to sound rather dreary to me,
while the Yazoo album "'Upstairs At Eric's" picked up where "Speak and
Spell" left off in some ways.  I havn't heard the newest DM though; maybe I'll
check it out.
                                       "Who cares about your lonely soul?
                                        We strive now towards a larger goal.
                                        Our little lives don't count at all."