Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Starless

From: Mark Woodruff <WOODRUFF%UCF1VM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1986 22:36 EST
Subject: Starless

>> P.S. My favorite song is still "Starless" by King Crimson.
>
>You mean "Starless and Bible Black"?  Yeah, it's great!  As good a
>choice as any.  But it's not a song.  Or do they have something else
>called just "Starless"?

"Starless" is a song off the Crimson album "Red".  The lyrics go something
like (from memory, so don't expect accuracy):

     Sundown, dazzling day
     Goes through my eyes
     But my eyes, turned within, only see

     Starless and Bible Black

     Old friend, Charity
     Cruel, twisted smile
     And the smile signals emptiness
     For me

     Starless and Bible Black

Cheerful, eh?  As long as the discussion centers on depressing songs, this
is my candidate for "Most Angst In An Album Side".  Any other contributions?

Sigh,
Mark