Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gabriel and Collins

From: ihnp4!utzoo!dciem!jeff
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 86 13:47:42 EST
Subject: Re: Gabriel and Collins

> But Collins *did* copy Peter Gabriel's style.  And butchered it.  I
> can't really believe that Peter Gabriel is too obsessed with having
> hits, considering that he left Genesis because it was getting too
> popular.  In any case, I'm sure that even if Peter *tried* to write
> pop commercial trash, it would come out *brilliant*.  I mean just look
> at "Games Without Frontiers", "Shock The Monkey", and "Walk Through
> The Fire".  I am not afeard.

Those songs may be brilliant, but they sound ordinary when compared with
classics like "Wallflower", "Lay Your Hands On Me", "San Jacinto" and
"Rhythm Of The Heat".  If we have to wait four years for a studio album
from him, I hope most of it will be very uncommercial.
--
Jeff Richardson, DCIEM, Toronto  (416) 635-2073
{linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,floyd}!utcsri!dciem!jeff