Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

;Confessions of a four-track mind

From: FULIGIN%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 86 22:49:46 EST
Subject: ;Confessions of a four-track mind

Final (hopefully) MTV clarifications :
     The number is toll free, being an 800 number, so it won't cost you
  anything to vote.
     In my previous letter (as someone kindly pointed out), I forgot to
  include time-zone info.  The time to vote is Wednesday, April 16 between :
          11:00am - noon EST
          10:00am - 11:00 am CENTRAL
          8:00am - 9:00 am PST

4AD news (culled from the latest Abstract Magazine, some of this was
 mentioned in an earlier digest from another source) :
     Coming this year are :
          "Victoria Land" - By the Cocteau Twins, although only Robin and Liz
     actually contribute.  The album is mostly vocal and acoustic music.
     Earmarked for release sometime this month.
          The Cocteaus will also be recording an album by the full group for
     later in the year.
          Colourbox are in the studio, with an EP due later this month (!).
          Wolfgang Press and Dif Juz are each also working on new albums to
     be released this year, and a compilation of all of the bands on 4AD,
     featuring original tunes from each is in the works, and will be backed
     up by the first 4AD video.
          Finally, most of the 4AD back catalogue (including all of the
     Cocteau Twins Lp's, Colourbox, and Dead Can Dance) will be released
     on CD over the course of the year.

Art Of Noise : The new Art Of Noise LP is out domestically (or will be
  within a couple of weeks, if the copy we got at the station was an advance
  release).  It's called "In Visible Silence", and features 11 tracks
  including the two singles, "Legs" and "Peter Gunn".  I'll post a review
  when I've had a chance to listen to it carefully (probably by this weekend).

Laurie Anderson : There is a new LP by Ms. Anderson, called "Home of the
  Brave", the soundtrack to her new film.  I don't know the release date
  of the film yet, but I imagine that it will be any day now.  I'll review
  the LP when I get a copy.  (The station only has the single, so far, and
  I haven't seen either the LP or the single at my local record store yet).

                                              -Peter Lee
Fuligin%umass.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa