Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: 99 Records

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 86 11:29:38 EST
Subject: re: 99 Records

Concerning Greg Earle's suggestion to go to 99 Records in NYC and
ask about the "secret Pete Shelley records"...

Unfortunately, the great 99 has closed its doors.  Last time I
was there (November 85) I noticed that they'd raised their prices
a bit.  Also, the clothing/jewelry store which used to adjoin it
was gone.  And now so i
is 99.  Dunno what the deal is...I hope it isn't permanent.  If
they find new quarters, though, I guess they'll have to change
their name to correspond with their *new* housenumber!

Also, is Pere Ubu's "The Modern Dance" still in print?  And does
anyone know who does a song that has a chorus that goes, "That's
the way, that's the way, that's the way of the world"?  It sounded
vaguely like The Meat Puppets, but I don't think it was...

Sue