Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dialathon

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 86 17:28:52 EST
Subject: Dialathon

> A proposal for fans of alternative music :
>     Why not use the power of the combined readers of Love-Hounds to change
> the programming of MTV, and put in a good word for Kate at the same time?
> Every Monday-Friday, from 11am-12noon, MTV has a dial-in request line, the
> top 10 vote-getters from which, they play at 6:00 that evening.  If everyone
> who reads this file were to call in on some agreed-upon date, and request
> the "Cloudbusting" video, I bet we could get it played.  At the very least,
> it might make Kate's name show more prominently in their request sheets,
> which might lead to slightly improved rotation.  Any opinions?

>                                             -Peter Lee

Okay, sounds like a good conspiracy to me!  Tell us the number.  Pick
a day.  Tell us the day.  Remind us as the day approaches.

By the way, does anyone who gets MTV know if they've played the
"Hounds of Love" video at all?

			"Now when they ring,
			 I get my machine to let them in"

			 Doug

P.S.  There was a local video channel somewhere that never played Kate
Bush, and a bunch of people got together, and sent the station a pizza
with "Kate Bush" spelled out in pepperoni every day until they started
playing Kate Bush vidoes.  Now the station loves her and they play her
videos a lot.

It just goes to show you, that if you start playing good music, you
stop getting free pizza.