Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Undeliverable message

From: SERVER%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (NETWORK MAIL SERVER)
Date: 31 Mar 86 10:41:00 EST
Subject: Undeliverable message
Comment: "Arpa $User Status: Half Awake Class Being Skipped: Spanish Listening

... A copy of your message follows ...

Date:     Mon, 31 Mar 86  10:36:31 EST
From:     Love Cat@Mailer.CY175  (=6802817)
Subject:  The Southern Death Cult LP, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, JaMC Video, etc...

oops, sorry I referred to the Southern Death Cult as "the Sudden Death
Cult"... - hey, I misheard it, okay?!

ANyway, I had my sister pick it up when they she went to London...and I
like it a lot.  The Cult and The Southern Death Cult only have Ian
Astbury in common, correct?  Anyway, it is very much like The Cult LP
"Dreamtime"...(before they got the polished guitars in)...

So what if they are getting too popular (they played at the Madison
Square Garden Felt Forum on Saturday, and many other places)...
as long as they keep their "sound"...  If they started doing metal
or pop, THEN I would stop listening to them...

*

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry's LP "Paint Your Wagon" is great!  If you got
the import version, you will also get a free 7" EP with the songs
"Paint Your Wagon" and a remix of "Jipp"...  I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
I just wish they could find a better place to record - their records
always sound like they were recorded in a basement...

*

Augh!  The Jesus and Mary Chain video is VILE!  I have never seen such a
BORING video...  IF you have never seen it, just stare at your "Psychocandy"
album cover while you listen to "Just like Honey"...(that's basically all it
was) - are they this boring in concert? (or worse)  But I love their music...

*

Wot's wrong with the New PiL?!  I think it's nice that PiL is actually
putting out quality music...  I have "First Issue", "Metal Box",
"FLowers of Romance", "Paris au Printemps", and singles...and I think
that if any of them were bad, "FLowers of ROmance" has got to be the worst.
ANyway, you can't expect a band to play the same sh*t, and not have it
progress...

Do you want PiL to play music ONLY similar to "First Issue"???  Isn't
that sorta like *gasp* POP?  Where if this "sound" was successful, you'd
just keep making songs that sounded the same?

(You've got to have an open mind, bud....)

*

"Shell Shock" by New Order is TERRIBLE...yech...barf... (boring, bland, etc)

Sigue Sigue SPutnik's "Love Missile F1-11" is...hmm..  I sorta like it...
I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10...

Until I get more money....for more records!
LoveCat%Umass.Bitnet@Wiscvm.Wisc.Edu

Oh yeah....

The Chameleons recently released an album of previously unreleased material.
Plus the song "In SHreds" (I have this single, and it it one of their BEST
songs - heavy percussion...)  I thought their second album wasn't mixed as
well as the first, but the quality of the songs themselves were just as good.

ahhhh... finally done!