Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bootlegs redux!

From: Joe Turner <cutter%umass-boston.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 86 18:38:18 est
Subject: Bootlegs redux!

Just a short one, this time. Picked up "Chromedome" in Second Coming
records. Quality is OK, a little muffled, but by all means get this album.
It has the only live "Games Without Frontiers" I've found, along with
"Intruder", "I Don't Remember", "Solsbury Hill", "And Through the Wire",
"Biko", and a VERY funky version of "I Go Swimming" which is much closer to
the original demo Gabriel did. It even has different lyrics. The opening
to "Family Snapshot" is classic. I won't give it away, though. Let's just
say that when confronted with technical problems, Gabriel can get very
funny...

The concert was recorded in Cardiff in 1980, with: Tony Levin on stick and
bass, Jerry Marotta and drums and saxy, Larry Fast on synths, John Ellis
on guitar, and Gabriel.

**********

I picked up the 12" "Alternative Hounds of Love". It's OK. What *I* like
is the writing on the lead-out groove... if you look real careful, you
can see written:

				WOOF!

Cute, Kate. Cute!

						"If looks could kill