Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

random stuff

From: hsut@ec.purdue.edu (Bill Hsu)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 86 17:37:52 EST
Subject: random stuff

Re: Yoyodyne

Yoyodyne, besides being the electronics company in Buckeroo Banzai, is
also mentioned in several books by Thomas Pynchon (V., Crying of Lot 49,
and I think also Gravity's Rainbow.) I've always suspected it is
yet another Pynchon-esque non-conspiracy; now I know for sure! :-) :-)

Re: Peter Blegvad

I loved the lyrics on Naked Shakespeare, but didn't find the music
interesting (except for the song Irma). I enjoy parodies of mainstream
pop music, but I guess Blegvad's versions just aren't vicious enough...

				Bill Hsu