Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate things...

From: think!harvard!bu-cs!sam
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 86 18:12:12 EST
Subject: Kate things...

>I saw, at my local record store, a 12" Mini-Album by Kate Bush.  It's
>called "Kate Bush on Stage" and it's on Harvest records.

A random observation:
I like some of the versions of songs on the EP/mini-album/whatever-it-is
better than the versions that appear on the albums on which they were
originally released.  I like the different chorus on "James and the
Cold Gun", and I like the different piano arrangement on "Don't Push Your
Foot on the Heartbrake".  Agreements?  Disagreements?  Get well cards?
Question:
Is this recording from Kate Bush Live at the Hammersmith (or whatever...
Hammer-something, at any rate...like the video?) Did I ask you this
already, Doug?

--------------------------
Recent convert Joe writes:
>1 - Picked up "The Dreaming". Kate Bush is the most extremely wicked
>pissah awesome artist I've ever heard.

And Doug says:
>Hey, it's great to see another convert to the One True Faith!

And he's obviously from Boston or thereabouts.  Wicked awesome.

--------------------------
Doug at his sarcastic best:
>And about this erotic undercurrent that's always been there...  there
>are some things that have been puzzling me for a while.  Like in
>"L'Amour Looks Something Like You" Kate sings at the end "I find I'm
>living in that evening with that feeling of sticky love inside".  What
>is this feeling of sticky love inside?  She's not talking about
>*seamen* is she?  Gosh.  Is the feeling of old seamen inside you
>something that is fun to remember?  Perhaps some of the women on the
>list would like to elaborate.

No, I don't care to elaborate, but I'd like to correct your spelling:
semen.  Seaman is part of the punch line to the joke: What's the
difference between a JAP and the Bermuda Triangle?  (A: The Bermuda
Triangle swallows seamen!) (And no, I didn't cross-post to net.jokes.)

"Spontaneity is our middle name."
          --Shelli