Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: big 10" of RUTH

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 86 13:25:50 EST
Subject: Re: big 10" of RUTH

> From: jordan@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu (Jordan Hayes)

>>	Question:  Why is the 11" of RUTH hard to tape?

> A whole bunch of things. First of all, it's one big fucking crescendo,
> spanning a W I D E range of signal strength. It took me three times to
> get it right, and it's a pain. Also, there's this damn pounding bass
> that just overloads the rest of the signal. Kate needs to learn a bit
> more about production of danse-mixers ...

Now, wait one flucking second!  ("Flucking" isn't obscene it?)  Why
does using all of the power of the medium provided provided by 12"
singles imply that Kate has anything to learn about production of
dance mixes?  Kate has said that she likes 12" singles specifically
because they give her more dynamic range and bass response to work
with.  I think that the 12" single is great exactly for the reasons
you mention.  (Except when I played the tape of it in my car -- my
door speakers have never been quite the same since...)

			"Be running up that building"

			 Doug