Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My two cents, Robyn Hitchcock

From: seismo!bdmrrr!potomac!jsl (John Labovitz)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 86 18:07:03 EDT
Subject: Re: My two cents, Robyn Hitchcock

I like all of the Robyn Hitchcock albums about the same.  ``I Often Dream of
Trains'' used to be my favorite, but that was because it was the first one I
bought (thanks to Doug).  Then I bought ``Fegmania,'' which I played
constantly for about a month.  Sometime in that period I bought ``Black
Snake Diamond Role,'' and didn't like it too much the first time I heard
it.  Played it again a few weeks later, and loved it (especially ``Acid
Bird'').  Lessee, what else do I have... ``Groovy Decoy'' (the re-release of
``Groovy Decay,'' I think) -- Haven't listened to it as much as the others,
mainly because I don't want to get sick of it.  ``Gotta Let This Hen Out''
-- Live album; songs mainly from ``Fegmania,'' with a couple from the other
albums, and stuff that I hadn't heard like ``Leppo and the Jooves.''

Robyn's playing in DC at the 9:30 club on the 28th.  Be there.

By the way, I just bought the Soft Boys' ``Can of Bees'' and the green EP
(can't remember the name of it) at Tower here in DC.  Cheap, too.

jsl