Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Les Miserables

From: David M. Hardy <HAADAV@MITVMA>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1986 11:15 EST
Subject: Les Miserables

If there are any musical theatre fans out there, Les Miserables is a must
for your collection (if you don't have it already).  I'd been hearing cuts
from it for a few weeks on a local radio station, and been mostly impressed,
but finally heard one song that made me decide I had to have this!  (It was
called Do You Hear the People Sing).  I looked all over Boston (at least in
the places I was told might have it and a couple others that I knew about)
with no luck and was seriously depressed after that day with no success.
However, on a visit to New York, I was able to get ahold of one, and it was
very well worth it.  If anyone's interested I'll post more info on this, but
consider it highly recommended.

Golly, look at this!  This is easily the best record out in 1986 (maybe 1985
too, but I'm not sure of that).  It puts everything I've heard recently to
shame (and I've heard some good stuff!), and I was able to post this entire
message without using ONE DIRTY WORD!  Think of it!  What is the world coming
                                               >>> Dave