Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gods-head Revisited

From: allegra!sdcrdcf!smeagol!earle (Greg Earle)
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 86 10:01:30 pst
Subject: Gods-head Revisited

[ This got bounced by csvax's stupid internet domain server, which suddenly
decided it didn't know about eddie.mit.edu's existence anymore.
Therefore, we try the snail route ... ]

New Siouxsie 12" is out.  Luckily, in the fine tradition of Totally
Awesome Siouxsie B-Sides, they didn't let us down ... Check out
"Umbrella" and be totally amazed.  These people are even older than me!!
Sheeit, they're almost THIRTY years old, and still come up with the goods.
Fucking amazing.

Oh, yeah - in case I lost anybody with my 'Reasons To No Longer Avoid
Double Albums Like The Plague':

Hula are the spiritual successors to the pre-commercial Cabaret Voltaire -
from Sheffield; use found voices, sounds, etc.; funk based (loosely) but
with a final brew that is not really 'funky', etc. [we're talkin' Before
"Crackdown"/Virgin/Some Bizarre Cab Vol here, folks].  If you bid a sad
farewell to Cab Vol after "Micro-Phonies", do not despair... All is not lost.

Severed Heads are from Australia, and they sound like ..... Severed Heads.
That should leave ya guessing ...

	"... Now An Explosive New Movie ..."
	Greg