Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Record Convention

From: Repo Hacker <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 86 19:54:48 est
Subject: Record Convention

I went to a record convention at Univ. of Maryland today, saw some neat
stuff.  the new thing is Kate i guess, since most people had katye
paraphanelia.  Doug's friends from the Record Convergence were there,
and I got a Robyn Hitchock 12" of Heaven for a couple of dollars.

Good Things: Butthole Surfers on video !!! real hot stuff.
Also, some kate collectors were selling all the usual stuff, along with
a copy of Singles File for 50.00 (ho hum you say, but wait...). So like
I look at the singles file, not owning one myself.  The lady was
twlling me about the fact that there all numbered, and she opens
the book to show me the number and guess what number it was ??
No. 00001.  Fucking amazing. The guy behind me offered 75.00 for it
immediately. Except once the dealers saw the #, the freaked out and
weren't sure if they wanted to sell it.  The owner was very confused
and was still walking in circles when I left.  Guess you had to be there.

Also saw a 7" of "The Man who Invented Himself" by Robyn.  too much
for my budget though....

I'll save all my trite lamblasting of various people for later....