Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Attention all Mike Oldfield fans

From: ihnp4!utzoo!dciem!jeff
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 86 23:45:27 EST
Subject: Attention all Mike Oldfield fans

I'm a big fan of Mike Oldfield, but his records are sometimes difficult to
find in North American record stores.  If you want to increase your collection,
but haven't seen much in the stores, I may be able to help.  I have several
Mike Oldfield records I would like to sell and replace with CD's:

7" singles:  Blue Peter / Woodhenge
             Mistake / (Waldberg) The Peak
             Moonlight Shadow / Rite Of Man
             Crime Of Passion / Jungle Gardenia
12" single:  Shadow On The Wall (extended version) / Taurus 3
LP's:        Tubular Bells  (quadrophonic remix)
             Hergest Ridge  (vastly superior quadrophonic remix)
             Ommadawn  (quadrophonic remix)
             QE2
             Five Miles Out
             Discovery

The quadrophonic records can be played on stereo equipment.  All records are
imported from Britain except "Five Miles Out", which is Canadian, and all are
in new condition with the following exceptions:  "Jungle Gardenia" has a bit
of noise near the end, "Discovery" has a bit near the beginning of side 2,
and I haven't listened to "Five Miles Out" but it may be a bit noisy because
my wife played it on her inferior turntable.  These records cost me almost
$100, but I will sell the whole set for $50 in Canadian funds or the equivalent
in US funds (about $36), plus postage, which should be about $5 to Canada or
the US.  If nobody wants to buy the whole set, I will sell them individually,
but the more records you buy, the lower the price per record will be.  If
you're interested, send me mail at the address in my signature below.

If that's not enough for you, I have recently been corresponding with the owner
of the world's largest collection of Mike Oldfield records outside of England.
He is looking for several American and Canadian records that he can't get in
Europe (I have already sent him several Canadian records but he still wants
more), plus some rare European and Japanese releases.  He is willing to buy
them or trade them for something that he has or can get.  He has several records
that are either no longer available in North America or never were, which
he is willing to trade.  He can also get you any Mike Oldfield album on CD
(except "Incantations" and "Exposed", which are not yet available).  Here's his
name and address:

	Hendrik Obbes
	Ravensberger Str. 168
	5600 Wuppertal 1
	West Germany

I'm also always willing to talk about Mike Oldfield's music.
--
Jeff Richardson, DCIEM, Toronto  (416) 635-2073
{linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,floyd}!utcsri!dciem!jeff