Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dear Repo Hacker

From: Hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 86 16:18:43 EST
Subject: Dear Repo Hacker

From:  Repo Hacker

> Good Things: Butthole Surfers on video !!! real hot stuff.
(and for the low low price of 25$ or so - I might add)

Dear Repo Hacker:

y'know I got these friends, really into the old 60's stuff.
Something new to them is finding a Gregg Allman solo album
they never heard before ... and that's OK - I'm not putting
down their tastes at all - but I have been slowly working them
into different music, y'know startin out slow with say
Husker's latest LP or the Minutemen (careful not to show them
the revolutionary words -:-)) and a coupla a weeks ago, I
said, fuggit - let's go whole hog and give them da woiks - so
I played "To Parter" and "Tornadoes" from the latest Butthole
EP and tell ya the Plain Truth - They were blown AWAY, completely
and magnificiently (so was I but that's like a usual happenin',
y'see) ... then came the moment of truth (i.e. wherein my
initiates start bugging me for the name of this wonderful but
unknown group) ... I hemmed and hawed and mutter it under my
breath trying desperately to change the subject before they
pressed me too hard ... but they caught one of my mumblings
and said, "the what?  the buttholes???" ... The sordid truth
out, I said without fear of retribution ... "yes, the (ahem)
Butthole Surfers" ... at first they laughed and then when they
straightened out they proclaimed (in all 60's-style seriousness),
"But they'd be good if they didn't have such a bad name!"  "How
so?" I reply.  "Well, they'd get a big record contract".  SO,
dear Repo Hacker, should I have kicked them out the front
door or the back door?

			Signed,
			Madness and Mayham in Maryland