Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: CDONALDSON@USC-ISIF.ARPA
Date: 2 Mar 1986 11:07-PST
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest
Sender: CDONALDSON@USC-ISIF.ARPA

>[From: Hoffman]
>
> ... commercial Murdochish things like Village Voice) [Whew]
>
>So don't feel so "hip" about helping Rupert Murdoch's paper out...

Mr. Hoffman, the Village Voice is NO longer owned by R. Murdoch. Perhaps
it was a year ago that Leonard Stern purchased it (if I recall for $55M).
Stern actually is a multi-millionaire and a steadfast loyal Republican.
His fortune is due to the Harz pet product empire, a business established
by his grandfather. The Voice apparently is a very profitable publishing
venture, so Stern, like any true capitalist, forget about his conservative
ideology and purchased this "liberal" rag.

                                        "Profit before Principle"
                                         G.