Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Love and Rockets"

From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM (DIGITAL DAN)
Date: Friday, 21 Feb 1986 13:54:41-PST
Subject: Re: "Love and Rockets"

Really-To: jdarnold@ATHENA.MIT.EDU  8^)

Just for the record, the debut L+R album is called _Seventh Dream of
Teenage Heaven_.  Since you really like it, there's a couple of singles
you may want to get.  The first L+R tune that got airplay around here was
"Ball of Confusion".  It's a good long funky version with lots of ganky
bass and Ash's screaming guitar.  The B side is "Inside the Outside",
the tune they opened with when I saw them at the Paradise a few months
ago.  The second single is a longer version of "If There's A Heaven Above"
with an instrumental version on the B side called "Mr. Smith", I think.

Also consider checking out Tones on Tail.  They were the members of L+R
plus David Jay (who were all members of Bauhaus).  There are two versions
of their last album, "`POP'" and "The Album Pop", with a few songs differ-
ent between the two.  I also have a compilation (the title escapes me)
of stuff from three other TOT albums; "Tones on Tail", "There's Only One"
and another title I forget.  Plus, many many singles.

-Dan

"Living it up is a big kick - it's good for you!"
                                                --TOT