Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Screwed up stickers...

From: hsut@ec.purdue.edu (Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 86 15:23:48 EST
Subject: Screwed up stickers...

	So there's a copy of RUTH with "Tarzan Boy" on the other side? Is
it worth money :-)?

	My most screwed-up album is Chrome's Raining Milk, tho it's screwed
in a different way. First there's the not-unusual error: side one and side
two have their stickers switched. Of course with Chrome, you can't
understand the lyrics anyway, so it's kind of hard to tell before the
4th or 5th hearing :-). Also, some of the song titles on the stickers
don't agree with the titles on the album cover. One song is listed as
both "Legende de Fantom Futur" and something like "Sentence du Legende
Futur" (ugh, excuse my hopeless memory and minimal French).

	Mistakes aside, Chrome has some great depressing music and impressive
song titles. There are two songs with the placename (?) Gehenna in them.
Anyone can point me to a reference? I assume it's biblical, since one
of the songs is "Gehenna and Canaan". And of course, Chrome had the bad
taste to do a song called "Anorexic Sacrifice", supposedly on Karen
Carpenter.

					Bill Hsu