Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Husker Du is happening !!

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 86 03:38:05 est
Subject: Husker Du is happening !!

Just got ack from the Washington Edition of Minneapolis Music./

Soul Asylum were great, and according to hofmann, they had there Blue
Cheer imitation down pat. Highlights: Cover of a Neil Young song (from uma),
an Aerosmith song from Get Your Wings, and"Play that Funky music White
Boys" by I forget now.

Husker Du was everything Big Rock stars should be plus some.  They showed
what they and why there trendy now.  The 2nd encore, 15 + minutes of
"Reoccurring Dreams" plus whatever other noise they made was awesome.
The next Jerry Garcia was what I was told.

So, If these mashers from Minneapolis come to your town, check these
dudes out.

tim

ps - ZZ Top is coming to the Capital Center soon.  Another rumor from
someone at the Capital Center (I hear these cause I buy lots of Hockey
tickets) is that the next Stones Tour is going to be starting up again.
Time for real trendy geeks to get together and spend 30.00 + dollars
a ticket.

Uber alles