Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Talk, Talk about Pretty in Pink

From: hall%beta.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM
Date: Friday, 7 Feb 1986 12:49:42-PST
Subject: Re: Talk, Talk about Pretty in Pink

>        Second, anyone out there follow the band Talk,Talk? They have a
>new single out (off an album, I imagine) called, damn, I can't remember
>the title! (Doug, you know the title?) [No, sorry...  The last one I
>heard was "Talk, Talk" -- Doug] But it's great! The last single that
>they released which is called "Talk,talk" is also excellent. Anyone know
>any history about this band?
>
>Sharon Badian
>ihnp4!mtgzz!mtgzy!seb

Sounds like you both missed (or forgot) the 1984 release by Talk Talk
called _It's My Life_.  The title tune is very nice, and so is "Call In
the Night Boy" and "Such a Shame" and "Tomorrow Started" and "Dum Dum
Girl" and....well, you get the idea.  This is one of those records that
I burned out in record time (pun intended?) but it's been long enough
now so that I can enjoy it again.  Mark Hollis is still the singer, and
the band still has a keyboard dominated sound, although Robbie McIntosh
does add some guitar to this album (the album that had "Talk Talk" on
it, called _The Party's Over_, had no guitar).  Also features my favorite
percussionist, Morris Pert.  Nice cover art too, done by the same guy
who did _The Party's Over_, James Marsh.

"Well did I tell you before
when I was up
Anxiety was bringing me down" --"Talk Talk"

Dan