Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Talk, Talk about Pretty in Pink

From: ihnp4!mtgzy!seb
Date: 3 Feb 1986 10:35 EST
Subject: Talk, Talk about Pretty in Pink

	Two items to bring up. One is a new movie soundtrack that should
be released real soon if the dj's on the radio station get accurate
information. It's the soundtrack to "Pretty in Pink" a new movie starring
Molly Ringwald (of "The Breakfast Club" and "Sixteen Candles" fame). The
music is exceptional - cuts by Suzanne Vega (Joe Jackson on the piano, I
believe), OMD, Echo and the Bunnymen, and some others. I've heard the
Suzzane Vega cut, and I really like it. It kind of grows on you. It's called
"Left of Center", I think. I can't remember the names of any of the other
cuts. I think it's something that love-hounds readers would be interested
in picking up.
	Second, anyone out there follow the band Talk,Talk? They have a
new single out (off an album, I imagine) called, damn, I can't remember
the title! (Doug, you know the title?) [No, sorry...  The last one I
heard was "Talk, Talk" -- Doug] But it's great! The last single that
they released which is called "Talk,talk" is also excellent. Anyone know
any history about this band?

Sharon Badian
ihnp4!mtgzz!mtgzy!seb