Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

and if your lips which i have loved, should touch

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 86 04:30:43 est
Subject: and if your lips which i have loved, should touch

Valerie sent me a whole bunch of wonderful poems by e. e. cummings
(thanks Val!) and they are really great, so I'm postinging one for you
to read and be converted to an e. e. cummings fan:

	it may not always be so; and i say
	that if your lips, which i have loved, should touch
	another's, and your dear strong fingers clutch
	his heart, as mine in time not far away;
	if on another's face your sweet hair lay
	in such a silence as i know, or such
	great writhing words as, uttering overmuch,
	stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;

	if this should be, i say if this shoule be--
	you of my heart, send me a little word;
	that i may go unto him, and take his hands,
	saying, Accept all happiness from me.
	Then i shall turn my face, and hear one bird
	sing terribly afar in the lost lands.

-Doug