Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: ittatc!sii!mem
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 86 04:10:51 est

Shortly after the Challenger explosion, I was listening again to some
Suzanne Vega (actually making a tape that I had promised and forgotten
about), and heard some lyrics in a totally new context:

"	I am falling down the stairs
	  ..
	I am thrown against the sky
	I am raining down in pieces
	I am scattering like light
	  ... scattering like light		"

talk about your unintentional meanings.  Anyway, my 8-year-old son gave me
a true interpretation of this song-- a view from a person who is a possession
that somebody doesn't take care of very well (letting it fall down the stairs,
throwing it into the air until it breaks).  Sigh, I'm getting too old to
think by myself...

-mm-