Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

whitney

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 86 12:23:12 EST
Subject: whitney

WHO is Whitney Houston?  Gee, Doug, don't you follow Top 40 Radio?

Whitney is the voice behind "pop hits" like "You Give Good Love" (a soggy
ballad).  I believe this was a Billboard #1 hit (altho from what I've
heard about the reliability of Billboard rankings, this may not mean much).
Her debut album sold about a zillion copies.  In her new video, she is
dressed sort of like Madonna, only she's black.

My favorite Top 40 song is Billy Ocean's "When The Going Gets Tough
(The Tough Get Going)" because it has a great synth hook.

-Sue