Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Siouxsie in US; Brazil

From: tsung@aero
Date: 05 Feb 86 09:00:34 PST (Wed)
Subject: Siouxsie in US; Brazil
Posted-Date: 05 Feb 86 09:00:34 PST (Wed)

Heard on the radio a few days ago that Siouxsie and the Banshees are
"putting finishing touches" on their new album, and as soon as that's
done they'll do concerts here in the U.S.

Just saw "Brazil" yesterday.  Good movie, very disturbing.  Near the end
of the movie I suddenly realized that, hey, this is just like a recurring
nightmare I have (recurring in theme, not situations) --
MAY BE A SMALL, SMALL SPOILER

in which I go from watching somebody being chased to suddenly become the
person being chased, and everytime I think I had escaped, I am found
(and have to start running again).

END OF POSSIBLE SMALL SPOILER
Any resident psychologist like to comment on that?

I think I've read that this movie is a nightmare that Gillem has.  Is it
nightmare as in an actual dream?  More info anybody?
(sorry it had nothing to do with KB or even music ...)

Fu-Sheng

p.s. Doug, if you were not joking, Whitney Houston is a black singer, who
is some relative of Dionne Warwicke's, and had a big hit (a coupla hits?)
last year.  She's probably won some "best newcomer" awards or something.
I doubt you'd be interested in her music, though.