Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Junk from new fanzine and lyrics to "Jig Of Life"

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 86 15:20:12 est
Subject: Junk from new fanzine and lyrics to "Jig Of Life"

I just received issue two of "Under The Ivy", yet another Kate Bush
fanzine (British).  It says that "Hounds of Love" is being released as a
single in England on Feb 24th and the B-side is "Jig Of Life". (I guess
this means we don't get a new song from Kate.  Oh well!  Maybe on the
next single....)

It also contains some pieces of trivia:

	Did you know that Kate was invited to be a presenter at the
	recent Fashion Aid show at the Royal Albert Hall?

	Did you know that Paddy Bush writes music for "Take Hart" on
	T.V.?

Do any of our British correspondants know anything about this show?

	Did you know that in circulation there is a Dutch mispressing of
	"Running Up That Hill" with Baltimora's "Tarzan Boy" on the
	B-side?

	Did you know that when asked recently what was her favourite
	track, Kate replied "Infant Kiss"?

	Did you know that Kate backed No. 1 singer Whitney Houston on
	German Top Of The Pops last week?

Anyone know who Whitney Houston is?

	Did you know that Kate was a guest at the wedding of Kate St.
	John of Dream Acadamy fame?

	Did you know that Kate has donated the "Wedding List" to the new
	Prince's Trust L.P.?

	Did you know that Fish of Marrillion has said that the person he
	would most like to work with is Kate?

Oh, boy!

	Did you know that Kate was 10th in a poll of producers recently
	produced by Music Week?

Well, wasn't that stuff exciting?  In any case, the rag also printed
the words to John Carder Bush's narration in "Jig of Life".  I'm not
sure if they are official, but they sure seem like it to me.  If they
are not, whoever transcribed it sure has a much better ear than me:

	Can't you see where memories are kept bright
	Tripping on the water like a laughing girl
	Time in her eyes is spawning past light
	Run on the ocean and the woman unfurls
	Holding all the love that waits for you here
	Catch us now for I am your future
	A kiss on the wind and we'll make the land

	Come over here to where when lingers
	Waiting in this empty world
	Waiting for then when the life spray cools
	For now does ride in on the curl of a wave
	And you will dance with me in the sunlit pools

	We are of the going water and the gone
	We are of water and the holy land of water
	And all that's to come runs in
	With the thrust on the strand

-Doug