Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

10 albums to take to an island

From: think!harvard!bu-cs!sam (Shelli Meyers)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 86 12:18:17 EST
Subject: 10 albums to take to an island

>  WHAT ARE THE 10 ALBUMS RECORDED AFTER 1977 THAT YOU WOULD BRING
>  TO A DESERT ISLAND?

No particular order:

    Kate Bush: The Dreaming (* no comment necessary *)
    London Philharmonic: Tchaikovsky Spectaculars
              (**************************************************)
              (** no flames, PLEASE!  I'm gonna be on a desert **)
              (**   island, don't I need some REAL CULTURE?    **)
              (**************************************************)
    Andrew Lloyd Webber, etc: "Jesus Christ Superstar"
                              Requiem
              (**************************************************)
              (** We'll need to be praying heartily to get off **)
              (**            this damn island...               **)
              (**************************************************)
    The Bee Gees: Saturday Night Fever (** JUST KIDDING! **)
    Madonna: Like A Virgin (** Put in to aggravate Doug **)
                           (**  and to subdue restless  **)
                           (**         natives.         **)

** If the desert island happens to be off the coast of Australia: **

    Goanna: (oh damn I can't remember the name of the damn album but
             it's the one with "Solid Rock" on it and probably their
             only album)
            (** For the folk song in my heart... **)
    Anything by Midnight Oil (** for those heavy metal moods **)

** Seasonal choices: **

    John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
            (***********************************************************)
            (** Kills two birds with one stone!  Celebrate Christmas, **)
            (**  and entertain any impending kids (depending on who   **)
            (**     you're stranded on said desert island with).      **)
    Zula: Next Year in Jerusalem
            (** The obvious alternative for Jews **)

...Wait a minute...you mean my 10 FAVORITE albums?  Oh.

--------
"When in Rome, do as the Romanians do!"
             *Shelli*