Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate believes WHAT?

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 86 23:13:47 est
Subject: Re: Kate believes WHAT?

> From Shelli:

> Kate believes in UFO's?  You mean like that the little lights in the
> night sky are green men in flying saucers?  Don't get me wrong...I
> certainly believe there is life on other planets...but I don't think
> they've visited earth.  She does? (really, now.)

Well, I dunno about little green men, but yeah, she believes in all the
mystical stuff that one loved to believe in as a little kid, but
unfortunately didn't anymore upon growing up, cynical, and realistic:
UFO's, ghosts, reincarnation, astrology, the Loch Ness Monster, ESP,
precognition, orgone accumulators, synchronicity, ... the works.

> And astral projection?  Somebody (Oh DOUUUUUGGGGG????) wanna elaborate
> on what it really means and in what capacity she "believes" in it?

Yeah, astral projection.  Listen to "Watching You Without Me" and "Hello
Earth".  She's admited to believing in most of these things at some
point or another, but doesn't seemed to be particularly obsessed with
any of them.  For example, she says that astrology has been used for
such a long time that there must be something to it.  But only "real"
astrology -- not the "rubbish" that's in the newspapers.  She however,
says that she doesn't follow astrology.

			"I've been told, when I get older
			 That I'll understand it all,
			 But I'm not sure if I want to"

			 Doug

P.S.  I have an interview on tape where Kate talks about her religious
beliefs.  If anyone cares enough to want to hear it, just drop by
sometime...