Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the truth about the maniacs...

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 86 8:08:41 EST
Subject: the truth about the maniacs...

Don't believe Hoffman's opinion about 10,000 Maniacs' show at 8x10.  I was
dubious at first but found myself really won over by them.  I knew several
people at the show and all of them thought it was great.  Anyway, I'm sort
of going through a folk phase at the moment, dusting off the Richard and
Linda Thompson, Fairport Convention, etc.  Plus, there's lots of neat Brit-
folk coming out like The Men They Couldn't Hang and the Pogues.  It's
getting so that my trendy friends can't even listen to my radio program.

Maybe this was inspired by Kate's Celtic touches!

sue