Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

hofmann is a stick in the mud

From: Jim Hofmann - RAMD-D <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 86 8:55:37 EST
Subject: hofmann is a stick in the mud

Show diatribe on Baltimore shows (Jan 26):

10,000 MANIACS - 8X10:  Why do I bother?  Opening up were two acoustic
guitars singing la-la folksy stuff (Patty Sulivan was one of their names).
10,000 MANIACS should be stripped of that ultra-cool name but I really
didn't get much more than I expected (besides the $5 cover - super sunday
bowl prices) which was cheap beer and a place to drink it.

PHLEGM - The Clubhouse:  Now that Flipside and Ink_Disease have printed
pix of the Clubhouse you can all see it for yourselves.  This was supposed
to be a 3 band matinee featuring ARTLESS but Mykel and son never showed.
Instead, PLEGM played a free set in front of 20 or so assorted and dead
types.  Quite good playing, particularily a raging Bassist, schreeching
guitarist and raw-powerish drummer.  But that name would never get them
newsprint in the village voice so all you wankers ought to just skip
the rest of this................. The vocalist was unintelligible but
did a good parody of Mike Muir's Institutionalized  and made a couple
of choice comments about punky Jim McMahon, who is a 'good role model
for jocks to go "punk" and come down and ruin our shows like they are
in New York ...'

COMING UP:

THE BROOD/ ST  BITUS - Thursday, Jan 30
MARGINAL MAN/ BLACK MARKET BABY - Friday, Jan 31

New Dischord:

SNAKES LP (debut)
Split LP or EP with Sab's LUNCHMEAT and (I think) GRAY MATTER

coming up:  DAG NASTY EP

other news:
BEEFEATER is on tour

And now for the national news:

Dave Edmunds has produced the new Everly Bro's LP featuring a
Dire Straits cover!

All your American Beatles LP's are soon to be collectors items as
Capitol gets ready to discontinue the line and standardize all the
Mop-top's vinyls into the UK/World mold.

Pat Benatar is a mother!  I read it in USA TOADY.

and who cares????