Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cities In Dust in Brazil

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 86 01:25:45 est
Subject: Cities In Dust in Brazil

> Really-From: tsung@aero

> KROQ is playing Siouxie (Siouxsie?) and the Banshee's (new song, I assume)
> "Cities in Dust" regularly.  It's quite interesting.

I have "Hyaena", "Juju", and "Kaleidoscope".  I think that "Juju" is the
best (oops, I mean my favorite...).  But "Cities In Dust" is the best
song I've heard by them -- it's really quite fantastic.

> Checking out local record stores, I'm surprised to find so many SatB albums,
> while none of them is "Cities in Dust" (or released in 85).  Has it been
> released?

It's out as a single.  It has a really wonderful cover, too.  Haven't
bought it yet, however.

		"Desert kisses in the sand"

		 Doug

P.S.  Just saw Terry Gilliam's new movie, "Brazil".  It is "fucking
brillaint", and you can quote me on that.  If you only see one movie in
your life, "Brazil" might as well be it.  Coincidentally, the originial
music was composed by Michael Kaman, who just happened to do the
orchestral arangements on the most recent album of a certain female
progressive musical artist...

Goddamn, that movie was just so fucking brilliant....