Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: request of info on some groups

From: Laura Frank Clifford <lcliffor@bbnccm.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 86 15:56:35 EST
Subject: Re: request of info on some groups

Siouxie and the Banshees is one of my favorite groups.  Siouxie Sioux, the
lead singer, has a stage presence not dissimilar to Kate's, although not quite
in the same league.  The band is usually associated with Britain's early
punk movement (Siouxie was the original 'Nazi' punk), but don't really have
a hardcore punk style.  I believe one of the band members used to belong to
Magazine, but I'm not sure.  I'm surprised you've not heard of them -
some of their more 'popular' songs are "Christine", "Arabian Nights",
"Israel" (their best!), cover of "Dear Prudence".  I really like their "Juju"
album.  Hope this helps!

Laura Clifford