Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

request of info on some groups

From: tsung@aero
Date: 16 Jan 86 10:55:40 PST (Thu)
Subject: request of info on some groups
Posted-Date: 16 Jan 86 10:55:40 PST (Thu)

I'd like to find out more about the following groups.  I have either heard
interesting things ABOUT them or FROM them, and I want to know more.

Residents
Replacements
Siouxie and the Banshees
Cocteau Twins 		(somebody on the net mentioned "Treasure" LP ...)
Fine Young Cannibals 	(does a good cover of "Johnny Come Home")
Tom Waits 		(ok, so he's not a group, and he's been around awhile)
The The 		(a few people raved about them, but what KIND of
			 music do they play?)

(that's all I can remember now)

Most importantly, what do their music SOUND like?  I know this is hard to
describe (how would you describe KB?), but any effort is appreciated.
Also, what are their best efforts, and which LP's are good introductions
to their music (i.e. 1st one to buy)? Are they worth it?

For instance, I would consider HOL a very good introduction to KB (it got
me hooked!).

Thank you for any infomation!

				Fu-Sheng

				"What?  This is NOT net.music?"