Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suzanne Vega interview, Kate Bush interview, Hot Press

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 85 15:26:20 est
Subject: Suzanne Vega interview, Kate Bush interview, Hot Press

> From: Jim Hofmann

> Sue Trowbridge, there is no excuse for you leaving the rest of the
> love-hounders out on your wonderful review of the Vega/McGuinn concert
> unless you don't have it on your file system.

Not to mention your interview with her!  I want to see it!  (What? You
want to see my interview with Kate....  Okay, I'm working on it.  I'm
still trying to unpack from my trip to England and find the cable I need
to copy the tape.  Be a little patient.)

There is a *wonderful* interview with Kate in the 21 Nov 85 issue of Hot
Press (Kate is the cover story).  Unfortunately, it is an Irish music
paper, so it may be a bit difficult to find in the U.S.  I picked up
some copies while England.  Apparently a lot of KB fans didn't like the
interview (there's some hate mail in the 5 Dec 85 issue) because the
interviewer asks some unusual and awkward questions that force Kate to
reveal some of her weaknesses.  But I thought that was great, because
the interviewer is clearly a fan and because it shows a lot about about
how she thinks, and indicates that to a large extent she manipulates
images on a more unconscious level than one might think.

I also got a bunch of really nice photos of Kate that I took at the
Tower Records in-store.  Too bad I can't include them in this message.

			"Under the ivy"

			 Doug