Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When Doug is away, the The will play ...

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 85 13:16:51 EST
Subject: When Doug is away, the The will play ...

Yeh, the only thing I know about this group besides the New Trouser
Press entry is this fantastic 12" dance mix a friend in Washington
has.  It has the gnarliest cover of some wigged out dude and just
cooks.  Anyone know the name of it and when it was released?  The New
Trouser Press guide doesn't list 12" singles (much to its detriment).

In case anyone didn't catch it, Doug is in England for awhile so we
ought to talk about other music until he floods our senses with his
Bush interview ... can't wait, Doug! ... he told me he got the interview
mostly because he made the acquaintance of an EMI rep at a Roger Miller
show ... I think he lied about the size of love-hounds but praise duh
Lawd that the guy fell for it.

As long as I'm talking about Kate, does know why Spin didn't review
her album yet?  I mean, they fuggin' referenced it in another review
and when I paged through it nary a mention of Hounds of Love ... it's
been out like 3 months now.  Get with it, Guccionne JR!   Or perhaps
he is waiting for some nude shots of her ...