Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A nov 84 - nov 85 tape of new sounds ...

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 85 16:40:00 EST
Subject: A nov 84 - nov 85 tape of new sounds ...

Here's a tape I made recently for a friend who asked for the "latest"
in punk/metal/thrash et al ... thought maybe some people here would
be interested (or is tim, doug and stolaf!robertsl the only underground
fans?????)  Sorry I tried to include some Kate Bush but this person
was already WAY into all-a her stuff so ..........................

Side one                             Side two
Dead Kennedys from                   Minutemen from
Frankenchrist ...                    Project:  Mersh
-Soup is Good Food                   -Cheerleaders
-Chicken Farm                        -Hey Lawdy Mama
-MTV - Get off the Air               -Tourspiel
The Meatmen from                     Adrenaline O.D.
War of the Superbikes               The Wacky Hijinks of
-Punker-AMA                         -AOD vs Godzilla
-Kisses in the Sunset               -Trans Am (the saga cont)
-What's this Shit Called Love       -Rock & Roll Gas Station
Rites of Spring                     Butthole Surfers
from the debut album               Cream Corn From the Socket
-Theme (if I started crying)       of Davis
-Remainder 		            -Going to Florida
-Drink Deep                         -Comb
Marginal Man		            -Tornadoes
Double Image			   Beefeater
-Turn the Tables		   Plays for Lovers
-Chocolate Pudding	           -Trash Funk
-Tell Me		           -Beefeater
Dirty Rotten Imbeciles		   -Fred's Song (Slam Dancing)
Dealing With It			   (or Skinhead guys turn me on)
- Mad Man			   7 Seconds
-Nursing Home Blues		   Walk Together, Rock Together
-I want My Taxes Back              - ""    ""      ""    ""
   				  -How do you think you'd feel?
				  -Strength
			          Offenders
				  Endless Struggle
			          -You just keep me Hangin' On

There was alot more I could have added and I'm sure that
there was alot of good music in the past year that I missed or
didn't hear so tell me about it, I'd like to know

Sorry Tim, I would have added some Husker but I couldn't pick
between the three LP's ....

Maybe this calls for a second tape ...

hofmann