Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

*Dog Eat Dog* miscellanea

From: allegra!ihnp4!uokvax!emjej
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 85 17:40:09 cst
Subject: *Dog Eat Dog* miscellanea

Finally bought *Dog Eat Dog*, and I very much understand the comments on
a more KBoid sound (or perhaps there's a more correct adjective applicable
to both?)--I'll have to make up a cassette that has on it first "Sat In Your
Lap" and then Joni's "Fiction."  (very similar sound and subject matter)

One question for those with more discerning ears than I...in "Three Great
Stimulants," I *THINK* I hear the bass pattern nearly ubiquitous in early
Joni Mitchell songs played to accompany the word "innocence."  (Said pattern
is a tad like Alberti bass, but leaves out the third so it can be used for
either major or minor; in C it would run C-G-C'-G-C-G-C'-G...etc.)  It's
such an appropriate touch that I'm afraid to find out if I'm just imagining
things, but I'll face reality and ask anyway.

					James Jones