Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Charles Bukowski

From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 85 12:03 MST
Subject: Re: Charles Bukowski

My only contact with anything by Charles Bukowski is the movie "Tales of
Ordinary Madness", supposedly based on some of his writings.  It is
currently the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.  It was released
the same year as "Reuben, Reuben", and both are similar in that they are
about the life and loves of a boozy poet.  But ToOM is abysmally bad and
RR is great.  Ben Gazzara has the lead in ToOM and is forever doing
voice-overs of truly awful poetry while he engages in shallow-minded
activity.

     Jim (Lippard at MIT-MULTICS.ARPA)