Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Breathing video

From: hound!hejira
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 85 21:34:35 est
Subject: Breathing video

Just saw the video for "Breathing" on U68 (New York/Newark) [my favourite
KB song, along with "Jig of Life", "Get Out of My House", and "Pull out
the Pin"].  This is a first for me.  They've been playing the "WOW" video
[one of my least favourite KB songs] and of course RUTH a lot lately.  I
guess my opinion of the station has changed somewhat.  They played another
Joan Armatrading tune ("Heaven") earlier tonight.  They still play a lot
of tripe like Madonna and Lionel Richie though.

Say, do any of you people in the NYC/NJ area know of any good radio
stations that play anything other than top-forty stuff?  So far,
except for the public radio and jazz stations, I have yet to find a decent
radio station that reaches the Holmdel area (i.e. progressive rock station).

Also, does anyone know where I can get ahold of Jane Siberry's "Speckless
Sky" in the area?   I'm about ready to give up and ask one of my Canadian
friends to send it to me.  Is it available on CD?

	- Rob Preston

P.S.  Any Vladimir Vysotsky fans out there?  Govarish pa-russki?